Saturday, March 3, 2012

Editing

Really? Editing? You might be thinking what I was thinking. NO FUCKING WAY. I don't edit my stories. I do, in fact, abhor my previous writing attempts. But it just happened that way. It was a crummy day, I was pissed off, drank a few beers, and then *BAM*, out comes the laptop and I'm clacking away on a first edit of His Boys, my first completed NaNo. In this process, I have realised one very, very important thing.

It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

Mind you, I may still never see it as publishable material, but I think I'm growing rather fond of a world where my detective has a chance to at least see the light of day once in a while. This of course leads to other dark and twisted thoughts. Thoughts like actually finishing and polishing up my most recent NaNo accomplishment, Angel Tears. If Alex gets a chance, why not the rest of my characters?

Who knows, I may turn into a writer yet. Or an alcoholic. They're certainly not mutually exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment